The economic justification for a project is generally based on the lifetime cost of the project. A major contribution to this cost involves an evaluation of the Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) of the equipment. RAM is the best quantitative measure of the integrity of designed parts, components, product, or system.
LPS would help OEM to make products more reliable in order to reduce repairs and increase uptime, lower costs and maintain reputation, using specific software, reliability databases, reliability models, latest revision of military and handbook standards (European and North American). Major activities are:
- Weibull analysis
- Reliability growth
- Failure Mode, Effect, and Criticality Analysis (FMEA / FMECA)
- Reliability Block Diagrams (RBD)
- planning and documentation
- System RAM problem solving
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and more.